Re: Asynchronous GDB break serial target

Raymund> I ported a existing 1.3.1 board package (Triscend A7(ARM))
Raymund> for operation with the current cvs.  Most of the things seem
Raymund> to work, but one particular thing does not:

Raymund> Asynchronous GDB break (serial).

Raymund> I installed a Redboot rom monitor and use this to debug a
Raymund> application in ram.

Raymund> From my investigation so far, i have come tho know:

Raymund> For the RAM application library:

Raymund> i deactivated "initialize whole virtual vector table"

Raymund> i deactivated "claim comms virtual vector table"

Raymund> But i don't understand how the rom-monitor should receive
Raymund> control in case of a GDB serial interrupt because:

Raymund> The processor vector table points to IRQ handler in the RAM.
Raymund> The entries in 'hal_interrupt_handlers' table do not point to
Raymund> ROM, it points to a default handler in RAM except one timer
Raymund> interrupt handler in RAM.

Raymund> So redboot in ROM has no chance of noteicing the break.

It will be called via the virtual vectors from the function
cyg_hal_user_break, being told to place a breakpoint at the $pc.

Jesper