Re: redboot in flash on assabet/neponset not working

todd.kallam@acterna.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the redboot running out of flash on my assabet/neponset
> board.
> I can get a redboot.bin which I downloaded from the web to boot from
> flash, but I cannot get the one I built to work.  LEDs D4 and D13 on the main
> board are a steady green and I get no output on the serial port or display.  I
> am
> using a snapshot of the code that I downloaded last week.
>
> Here are the steps that I follow:
>
>   ecosconfig new assabet redboot
>   ecosconfig tree
>   ecosconfig import
> ../packages/hal/arm/sa11x0/assabet/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
>   ecosconfig resolve
>   ecosconfig tree
>   make

Which looks correct (although you only need to do ecosconfig tree once at
the end, but that's harmless).

> The above comments implies that the serial ports are not active, so I thought
> that I needed to add the serial package and maybe the error package.  I used
> the  following commands:
[snip]
> The redboot.bin still did not work.  So I tried to add the error package with
> the following command:
>
>     ecosconfig add error
[snip]

This is a red herring - you don't need to do these for redboot. This serial
driver is a full interrupt driven one. RedBoot uses a polled interface
built into every HAL instead.

> I also tried adding the patch to fix the RAM timings on the Assabet/Neponset,
> but this did not seem to make a difference.

That would be the obvious thing I thought of. But assuming you applied the
patch Gary Thomas did, did you enable the
CYGSEM_HAL_ARM_SA11X0_ASSABET_NEPONSET_TIMINGS option in ecos.ecc (before
running ecosconfig tree).