Ecos and the Samsung S3C3410X(KS17C40100) chip

Hi All

Please excuse me if I ask any real dumb questions, but I normally only
program in PC architecture, and I have just entered the world of Embedded
development.

I am busy working on a terminal based on the Samsung S3C3410X (KS17C40100)
chip. The development board is the SMDK40100 development board from
meritech. Is anyone busy porting ECOS to the 401 chip? I know that there is
currently a port to the 501 chip, are they similar in nature, i.e. could I
use most of the 501 port onto the 401 chip? Any help on this would be
greatly appreciated. I am sure that a lot of the port will be made available
to the public when it is complete. Obviously there are certain parts that
would not be useful to anyone else, like the interfaces to the co-processor
etc, that are on the terminal.

If anyone can shed some light, or tell me where the best place is to start,
I would greatly appreciate it. I have already downloaded and started to look
at the information supplied by Grant Edwards.

Thanks
Vaughan