Re: mips_rm7000.ld and dwarf

Chris Morrow wrote:

> Gdb (version 5.0) does not find any debugging symbols when
> attaching to an image produced with mips_rm7000.ld. If I copy
> debugging section stuff from the v1.3.1 linker script and remove
> the new stuff, gdb does find debugging symbols.
>
> My guess is that a -gdwarf or one of the similar flags should
> be passed to gcc instead of just -g. I'm using gcc 2.96 and
> binutils  version 010326 (with BFD 010326)
>
> Is this correct?

Or that debug info is broken in the tools you are using :-). What target
triple are you using for the tools?

If you have a particular patch that you can verify works for you, we could
try it. Note that -gdwarf wouldn't be advisable because dwarf 1 has lousy
support for C++ debugging. -gdwarf-2 would be better, if that helps.

> Also how is gcc v3.0 working out?

I haven't reached any mips tools yet. I'm still testing the x86 due to some
internal difficulties.