Re: Re: ecos and ks32c50100

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:15:38AM +0000, A Roturier wrote:

> i am using windows config tool.

I've never used the windows config tool -- only the Unix
command line one.  There are probably errors in my CDL that
are tolerated by the Unix tool but not by the Windows tool.

I probably won't get around to trying out the Windows config
tool for a month or two.

> for template i choose samsung snds and redboot and i got 2
> unsolved conflicts much like these ones(i got ecos from anon
> cvs of course :-)). as to CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_CPU_FAMILY problem,
> the conflict is resolved by adding one line to
> hal_arm_snds.cdl,
>
>     implements    CYGINT_HAL_ARM_ARCH_ARM7
>
> for CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_BIGENDIAN part, i manually edit hal_arm.cdl
> to force the value of this config item to be changable in
> config tool with initial value = 1(i don't quite undenstand
> why this item is default set as non-editable though)
>
> i can start making redboot image after this. however, i got stocked..

> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `src/redboot/tcpBoot.o.d', needed by

Oops.  My mistake.  The sutff under src/redboot is specific to
a custom platform and shouldn't have been listed in the CDL
file at all.  Remove any "compile" command references to
src/redboot/*

>    compile -library=libextras.a redboot/tcpBoot.c redboot/macBoot.c
> redboot/ident.c redboot/startAt.S redboot/version.c
>
> but the file tcpboot.c can't be found nowhere.

You don't need it or the other files listed in the CDL file as
being in the src/redboot directory.  They impliment additional
RedBoot features and require a custom hardware platform and
pretty hacked up version of RedBoot.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com