Re: Network programming for eCos under linux

> This shouldn't pose a problem since I've configured my ARM as
> little-endian.  However, htons (), htonl (), etc should solve that
> problem anyhow, shouldn't it?  I mean as far networking code goes that
> is.  I would obviously have to be careful about data types between the
> two if they were different.  It's nice to have the ARM with 32-bit
> little-endian!  Makes my life a lot easier since I'm sending data to a
> PC.

The problem is, if your machines both use the same endianness, you
never know when you have missed out a htons(). If they are different
endianness, it breaks. That why i like to write network code on a
mixed Solaris & linux network, just to make sure.

        Andrew