config tools

Hi,

I've noticed that "ecosconfig tree" errors out ungracefully if i have an
.ecc with the read only bit set. Is this intentional? I'm only using it
to build a tree, not modify the configuration, so this seems odd. It
tends to make the build directory but not populate it, and spew out a
variety of useless messages about inferred values (flipping on verbose
does not help to diagnose the problem). The ecosconfig i'm using is hand
built from the cvs snapshot i have.

Also, one problem with the gui tool (all versions). If I manually copy
an .ecc to a new folder on my hard drive, and open it with the config
tool, then go to build, it gets very upset because there is no build
tree. However, there is no way to get it to generate a build tree
without saving the .ecc. However, there is no way to save the .ecc
without changing a value in the .ecc, so the Configtool is convinced
that it actually needs to save. Combined with the fact that my .ecc
files have the read only bit set, it's all rather painful. Would it be
possible to have a menu option Build->Tree that would simply create the
build tree? :) Pretty please? My snapshot isn't from the tip otherwise i
would look at this myself.

Thanks,

-Dan

--
Dan Conti             e danc@iobjects.com
Software Engineer     p    (425) 289 0326