Repository updating

Let's say I have a driver that I'm making.  What happens if I use the
cvs tool to run an update on my eCos repository.  Will it screw up the
ecos.db and my driver?  Or will it simply add appropriate entries into
the ecos.db and leave my driver alone?  What about modifications to
header files that I have made in the rest of the eCos repository?