Re: GUI Config tool 2.04 bug (REPRODUCEABLE) - notclosing child process

Julian Smart wrote:

> At 09:08 AM 8/13/01 -0600, you wrote:
> >Start building a project and then try and cancel.  The config tool
> >doesn't kill make.exe cc1.exe or arm-elf-gcc.exe.
> >
> >I have some process killing code that I made for windows at home if the
> >config tool doesn't have it already.  If you want it, let me know.  You
> >should have the process ID already anyhow when the processes are
> >spawned, but for some weird reason the config tool might not be able to
> >close the child process.  If that happens my code should work.
>
> Thanks -- there was some child-process code in the original CT which I
> should use but I'd also be interested to see your code in case it's easier
> to understand :-)

If it's MSDN code we can't use it though....

Also, these are cygwin processes, so they should be killed in a "cygwin"
way so cygwin can do it's own correct cleanup. Is the new config tool
linking with the cygwin dll now? If so, perhaps using the cygwin kill
should be reliable now. When the original CT came out, cygwin kill was
unreliable, leading to extra complexity in the code.