Re: Problems with GDB on MPC8240

K> I do have still more problems. The program is not stopping at the
K> given breakpoint. Do I need to port any extra stubs for my
K> platform. But I saw the that the 603 pased simulator works fine in
K> this regard; so I think even MPC8240 based board should work the
K> same. Or does the "target sim" at the (gdb) prompt of
K> "powerpc-eabi-gdb" will take care of this. Should I port the
K> InstructionBreak exception of 8240 also for this.

The sim does not rely on stub support, so the stubs are untested on a
603. In any event, GDB is the one setting breakpoints, so all I can
think of causing the problem would be the cache. Try disabling it.

K> I have one more doubt. My sample application is a hello program
K> (which I took it from the eCos example secion). I'm expecting
K> "Hello" at the gdb console; but I'm not getting it. The reason for
K> this is incorrect serial device base address specified in the
K> serial driver at "packages/devs/serial". My doubt is "Can the
K> serial driver within hello application pack the string ..hello.. as
K> required by the gdb protocol so that the gdb console can
K> understand" Or "if it donot can the gdb console print it on the
K> host properly".

The hello world example uses printf() which (in the default
configuration) layers on the HAL diag functions. These will do the
necessary encoding for GDB.

Jesper