App works in RAM but not in flash memory

Hi,

I have some problem with my messages (cyg_mbox_*) in eCos and hope that some
of you maybe can give me a hint of what maight be wrong. Currently I am
running the entire application in RAM and it works fine. However, when i
download the program it into flash then it starts acting very strange. With
a trace enabled i can see that some (not all...) messages that are sent
between threads dont have any valid data in their header. Every message
contains of a header and the data that it contains is just garbage. The
first thing i check was that if some process sends an unfilled message but
that was not the case.

What can be wrong when an application works fine in RAM but not in flash? I
have tried to set the clock to half the speed to give the flash more time to
fetch data but the error was still present.

I am using a custom build AT91EB40 with external flash.

Regards, Daniel