Re: executing applications

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 16-Aug-2001 Stijn Symons wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there any other way to execute an application other than gdb? We've
> > got the hello-world program running with gdb, but it get's lost when we
> > reset the ipaq. So we've been trying to load and execute the program in
> > redboot (in elf, binary and srec formats) but it won't run...
> >

> Exactly what happens?  This should work, with no source changes, by just
>
> If you can provide some details, we may be able to help.

Basically we get rubbish. The dowload is flawless, but when we type "go
0x100000" (0x100000 is the base adress) we get a bunch of symbols on the
screen witch no sense at all or just plain nothing.
To get the binary and srec formats we did :

arm-elf-objcopy -O binary a.out hello.bin

the same for the srec format.