Re: App works in RAM but not in flash memory

Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com wrote:

> I think i have located a few things that causes this error. I have had the
> option "include gdb stub in HAL" marked and this is not a good combination
> since they interfere with the rest of the code. When i disabled the above
> options then I got less strange mbox messages. However, i still get a few
> and i think that if i disable all the debug options (and GDB support) in
> eCos then my app will run much better.

GDB debugging support (i.e. -g) should never affect the run-time operation
of a program.

> However, I can't get all the debug
> info to disaper. I have removed all the debug-flags in the makefiles, both
> when building eCos and when building my application. I still get some "debug
> info" and "debug lines" in my map-file on address 0x00. How can i remove all
> such information?

That's source code debugging as used by GDB. They shouldn't be marked as
loadable and thus shouldn't be loaded onto your target at all. If they are,
that would be a bug :). You could remove them with objcopy, but I really
don't think this is likely to be your problem.