From: jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com
[mailto:jlarmour@cambridge.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
Sent: August 16, 2001 6:55 PM
To: Trenton D. Adams
Cc: 'eCos Disuss'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Redboot for i386 won't compile

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I get the following error when trying to build Redboot for an i386 PC
> target.  I would have expected the config tool to not pass to many
> files to gcc!

No, it's an odd symptom of a different problem. You moved your tools
from the location in which they were originally configured to be
installed. They don't like this :-). If you can't keep them in their
original location, you can set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, e.g.

export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/foo/bar/H-i686-pc-cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/2.95.2

Note that this will screw up any other gcc's you have, including native
ones, while this is set as it will make them *all* look there for their
files.

GCC 3 doesn't need this any more so it'll be gone in future.

Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine