Re: Port problem

>>>>> Jesper Skov writes:

>>>>> "Cristiano" == Cristiano Ligieri Pereira <cpereira@ics.uci.edu> writes:
Cristiano> After this I've been trying two things: load a Hello World
Cristiano> eCos application configured to execute on RAM (by means of
Cristiano> GDB/Cygmon) and load RedBoot configured to execute at RAM
Cristiano> as well. For both I load the application at the original
Cristiano> RAM address (since for cygmon this is still the RAM memory
Cristiano> address) and for both I'm executing the code in
Cristiano> PLATFORM_SETUP1, which remaps the memory.

> Diddling the MMU when running from RAM is not going to work unless you
> are really careful!

Cristiano> how should I do about the serial communication with the
Cristiano> host? Can I reuse the communication already established
Cristiano> with CygMon? Do I need to break it and restart a new
Cristiano> connection?

> The problem is probably that the eCos application will try to use
> virtual vectors for writing to the serial port: but these may not be
> compatible with CygMon.

> Running RedBoot from RAM should work though (as it will initialize the
> virtual vectors and use its own serial driver).

And PLATFORM_SETUP1 is a no-op for RAM-based RedBoots, at least
for iq80310.

--Mark