Re: The redboot program

jwchang wrote:

>  Hi all
>      I have made the redboot (boot from floppy),under windows I connect the target board via COM1 , start the hyperterm ,the window display the "redboot>",type the command available,all be normally,
>     But under linux  I use insight 5.0,I set target as remote/serial,38400,/dev/ttyS0,and with a NULL modem cable(just same as i do under windows98),The host cannot communicate with the target board,the gdb console window display "Ignoring package error....."and can not estabolish the connection.
>     I wonder whether under linux the gdb and insight should  have special setting ,otherwise I had compiled the insight from source in a wrong
> way ? I just download the source of insight-5.0,and make it without giving any "patch".Please tell me all those I would be more thankful!

At a guess there's junk on the line that prevents RedBoot seeing the start
of the packet. Before connecting with GDB, use minicom or similar and press
return a few times. Then "quit without reset" without typing anything more
(including not letting minicom send any modem commands) and connect with
GDB.

Or update your anoncvs to the current which has a fix for this.