Please help me upload the eCos kernel to the target of i386

     hello!
     After severial weeks study of eCos,now something about the eCos I still not very sure.Althought with the help of friend in ecos-discuss ,I have build my floppy setup redboot.following is my  currently question:(please not laugh at me being so stupid)
     I really wonder whether the eCos is an operation System just as windows or unix to manage the embedded system's hardware and software resources?if so which file should I upload to the target and how to construct a full OS in the embedded platform.Please hint me inthe document where refer to these.
     what mean of the eCos kernel?really it can run on the suitable embedded platform,or the eCos only the tailor of  linux OS's source file packages,so as to combined with the gdb,gcc,bintools construct the cross compile environment.
     Now I have made the redboot can communicate with my minicom,but while I intend to down some files(such as the linux image file )to the targget with the command "load",I meet these problems,following is the process of I do:
       first power On the target,then start  minicom,the minicom terminal display the redboot prompt .Since redboot do not support my host computer's ethernet card,I try upload the files with xmodem.type the command "load -m xmodem -b 0x100000 -r bzImage"the term display that the address is not believed in the ram.....after i type yes it displays CCCCCCC...........cannot load file " bzImage",timeout,
                                        please help me !  Thanks a lot
                                                                 BEST REGARD
                                                                                                        jwchang
                                                                                                                                      2001.8.20