Re: App works in RAM but not in flash memory

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Fano Ramparany wrote:
> >
> > I'm currently addressing the same problem (i.e. my application works
> > fine when built
> > for "RAM" startup type and don't works when built for "ROM" startup
> > type).
> >
> > My application uses the TCP/IP stack, and used to work (even under ROM
> > startup, but
> > with apparently some time out problems (see. a previous thread in the
> > mailing list
> > under subject "TCP/IP and rom startup mode")), until a major
> > reconfiguration of our intranet.
> > (incl. a change in our IP address). Now even the ping_test doesn't work
> > in ROM  startup mode, although
> > it works ok in RAM startup mode (using gdb).
>
> My guess is it's something to do with the eth driver initialization.
> Perhaps the MAC address was set in the redboot config before.

Yes I used fconfig to set it (I've attached the current parameters below).
Curiously, it seems that init_all_network_interfaces doesn't take into
account the setup of the "ethernet station address" done with
ecos configuration tool (see hw_addr value in the second attachment)
either under RAM or ROM startup modes.

If the MAC address should not be set for the ip stack to work properly,
do you know how I can unset it?

> You could see if it also fails for RAM startup if you enabled the
> "CLAIM_COMMS" virtual vector option in the HAL config.

I've just done the test  with CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_COMMS
macro enabled under RAM startup mode, and ping_test runs just fine.

Fano