RE: gdb 'next' problem with i386 HAL

I may have some clues about gdb's next problem--as I recall, GDB does a
'next' by 1) poking a breakpoint instruction after the current statement,
and 2) sending a continue instruction to the stub.  I would guess that step
(1) isn't supported in the current i386 stub: it's likely that the earlier
GDB computed the length of the current instruction, and used a memory write
command to put the breakpoint in there, and that the current version asks
the target to do that work.  HTH...

-patrick