RE: ethernet download

On 24-Aug-2001 Trenton D. Adams wrote:
> Well then how are you supposed to ever update your program?  If redboot
> doesn't watch on the network port, you can't update your program
> anymore.

In that case, you'd have to reset the board to go into "maintenance mode".
Alternatively, you could put the update code into your application.

Note: RedBoot is never "watching over your shoulder" for commands.  If
it's running in it's CLI mode, then you can give it commands.  Once it
launches an application, it's no longer in CLI mode.  It may assist
with I/O (especially network console I/O), but that's pretty much it.