RE: spurious interrupt occuring for no apparent reason

When you get a spurious interrupt, it's because the interrupt is
unmasked on the processor, but you haven't registered a handler for the
interrupt in eCos. If the cs8900 driver is unmasking that interrupt you
might want to make sure that it is properly registering an interrupt
handler first.

Yes, theoretically that should never occur, hence the assertion.

-Dan