RE: cygwin building redboot problem

I'm seeing the same problem on Windows 2K.  On Brad's advice I did the
following:

1. cp /usr/lib/libtcl80.a  /usr/lib/libtcl.a
2. ../host/configure --with-tcl-header=/usr --with-tcl-lib=/
3.  make
4.  make install

ecosconfig made and installed with no errors.  Everything runs
except when I try to make a tree.

I get the same error about invalid directory install/include/pkgconf.

So I tried:

mkdir -p install/include/pkgconif

Now ecosconfig tree runs to completion, but does not create anything.

I tried to the -v option, but ecosconfig is not very verbose, as no
messages came out.

Has anybody been able to compile and run ecosconfig under Windows 2K?
I have configured and run ecosconfig under Linux with no problems,
but am having a heck of a time under Cygwin version 1.1.8 (0.34/3/2)

Thanks,

Warren