RE: cygwin building redboot problem

Someone recently suggested this fix to the source (or a suggestion that I
interpreted as this :-)). Change the first few lines of generate_built_tree
in ecc\host\tools\configtool\common\common\build.cxx to this:

bool generate_build_tree (const CdlConfiguration config, const std::string
build_tree, const std::string install_tree /* = "" */ ) {
#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(__CYGWIN__)
         // convert backslash directory separators to forward slashes under
Win32
         const std::string build_dir = replace_char (build_tree, '\\', '/');
         const std::string install_dir = install_tree.empty () ? build_dir
+ "/install" : replace_char (install_tree, '\\', '/');
#else
         const std::string build_dir = build_tree;
         const std::string install_dir = install_tree.empty () ? build_dir
+ "/install" : install_tree;
#endif

so the backslash to forward slash conversion happens when compiling under
Cygwin as well as VC++.

I'm entirely sure this will answer your question but it may be worth a shot.

Regards,

Julian

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Unit 200 Rustat House, 62 Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. CB1
7EG Tel: +44 (1223) 271063