From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Mats
Nordlund
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 5:46 AM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Cc: tadams@extremeeng.com
Subject: [ECOS] Re: Problems with RedBoot on x86 generic pc...

Hi,

I also have the same problem; the PC boots from floppy and
displays the startup screen on the serial interface. But I get no
response when trying to send keyboard strokes over the serial line.
Tried to switch serial ports. Tried to boot on 3-4 different machines
with the same result. Also tried two different machines as terminal (in
addition, with different terminal applications).

I also rebuilt i386-pc RedBoot using ct2 and the latest CVS without any
improvements (the same result as using the pre-built redboot.bin).

Seems like RedBoot doesn't read my serial line. It could be useful to
see which serial input RedBoot chooses.

Any suggestions?

br

/ Mats