newbie thread question

Folks,

Probably demonstrating my ignorance here....

Simple thread question. Say I've got an application which spins up threads
which have a short lifetime and do this a lot. Eg. create a thread, it does
something then exits. The thread enters 'exited' state.[the docs say exited
threads enter 'suspended' but insight reports 'exited'.]

Does the thread remain registered with the scheduler ? What I want to avoid
is the scheduler scheduling thousands of exited threads. As far as I can see
from the docs, to remove a thread from the scheduler you need
cyg_thread_kill.

Cheers,

John Gumb
Software Engineer