Re: filesystem on linux

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:55:41AM +0200, Stijn Symons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on the linux synthetic target and have some problems with
> the filesystem.
>
> Is it possible to work with the linux filesystem

Not using the eCos filesystem operators like open, close, read, etc.

The eCos filesystems are RAM or ROM. There is no eCos synthetic OS
filesystem support.

What you can do though, is use the back door to the OS. All the OS
system calls are accessable. So you can open a file on the host using
cyg_hal_sys_open(). Write to is using cyg_hal_sys_write() etc. BUT do
not do any blocking calls. Any blocking system calls will block the
entire of eCos. ie if you do a blocking read on a file, eCos will stop
until the read call finishs.

/packages/hal/synth/i386linux/current/src/syscall-i386-linux-1.0.S

        Andrew