Re: Downloading to the flash on ARM E7T

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Lindqvist <Lars.Lindqvist@combitechsystems.com> writes:

Lars> For some reason the file is downloaded at 8000 instead of
Lars> 1830000, see the following screen dump:

It's probably just the RAM bounce buffer used by the BSL.

Lars> And when I scan the rom for bootable modules using the boot
Lars> command of BSL there is no indication of the downloaded
Lars> software.  Perhaps I have to provide the module header data
Lars> structure (as described in the BSL reference) before
Lars> downloading?

You definitely need that header. See the E7T RedBoot generation for an
example.

Lars> Perhaps I should not use BSL at all? Is it possible to use Angel
Lars> or Redboot together with GDB to program the flash on the e7t
Lars> board?

Don't know about Angel, but you can't with RedBoot; don't want to risk
people accidently bricking the board, so it doesn't not support flash
programming.

Jesper