Re: additional PC (i386) serial ports

"Talia Sound and Vision P/L" <jtalia@ozemail.com.au> writes:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your quick response.
> I hacked plf_stub.c and now we can download the test program using another
> serial port
> (ser1 for now) in the target. The problem now is the screen output (Hello
> eCos world) from the application can't be seen in the gdb console anymore. I
> can get it to appear on the target's screen
> by setting CYGSEM_HAL_I386_PC_DIAG_SCREEN, but some other process also
> prints characters on the target screen, so it's not so clean. How can I get
> the application console out back to gdb?
> Or alternatively how can I stop the target screen being written to by
> anything other than the application?

As Jesper said, change the port address in hal_diag.c in the same way
you did in plf_stub.c to get output to the GDB stream.

The extra output you see on the screen is the GDB protocol being
reported by the code in plf_stub.c. To turn this off just comment out
the lines like this:

    screenPointer[screenPosition++] = 0x0700 | (c & 0xFF) ;
    screenPosition %= (80 * 25) ;

in hal_pc_put_char() and hal_pc_get_char().

--
Nick Garnett
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company