StrongARM port of eCos/Redboot

Hi,

We have a board in-house which has an Intel StrongARM SA1110, on which we
would like to run the RedBoot bootloader. I have looked at the Assabet
board, which shares some attributes with our board, but unfortunately has a
more complicated RS232 port hardware implementation. Our board simply takes
the RXD and TXD wires directly from the StrongARM to a serial connector,
whereas the Assabet has a 16 bit edge triggered D-Type flip-flop sat on the
data lines of the address bus, which is used to implement hardware
handshaking (as far as I can tell).

So, the question I have is if anyone knows how I can implement a simple,
software handshaking serial comms over the two wire port that we have or,
better still, where I can find some eCos/RedBoot source code. Once we have
serial debug up and running, then we can work on getting Linux booted up and
implementing our plans.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley

Ashley Sutcliffe
Design Engineer
Celoxica
20, Park Gate
Milton Park
Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4SH
No. 3209209
Tel: +44 (0)1235 863656
Fax: +44 (0)1235 863648
mailto:ashley.sutcliffe@celoxica.com
http://www.celoxica.com

delivered on behalf of Celoxica Ltd through the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.

may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
immediately. Whilst this email has been swept for viruses, you
should carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. Celoxica Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage which may be caused by software viruses or interception
or interruption of this email.