Re: spurious interrupt occuring for no apparent reason

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Something very odd is happening then.  From what I understand, EINT3 has
> to occur all the time because I'm sending/receiving data all the time.
> So, the fact that I would be receiving an interrupt only rarely is
> EXTREMELY unlikely because my program seems to work fine.
>
> This spurious interrupt has only occurred twice in the entire time I've
> been using this board.  It seems that it might be a synchronization
> problem somewhere within eCos.  Possibility, considering what I've said
> so far?

Not really: the interrupt handler is set up at startup time, with no real
scope for sync problems.

Perhaps the ISR table is getting scribbled on with NULLs? If you can set a
breakpoint on cyg_assert_fail and reproduce the problem you can then debug
your app to see what the state of the system is at the time.