RE: build redboot from the source code

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 02:11, Warren Jasper wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm getting closer.  The problem lies in
> printf.  If
> I use diag_printf() in the redboot function do_version, I at least get past
> that
> function before the system locks up.
>
> Question:
> 1. Does the default serial settings assume hardware handshaking?  My
> hardware is
> set up as follows (no hardware handshaking):
>
> DSR <---> DTR
> CTS <---> RTS
>
> 2. Does the redboot default serial settings use interrupts?  Maybe the
> interrupt stack
> is not set up correctly?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> By the way, I have never experienced any problems with printf() in my
> application code,
> so I'm not sure what would be different in RedBoot.

The difference between 'printf' and 'diag_printf' is that 'diag_printf'
will only try and print on a single device, whereas 'printf' will try
and print on all confifgured devices.

Either de-configure all but the one device or turn off the switch that
tells RedBoot to use all consoles (CYGPKG_REDBOOT_ANY_CONSOLE)