Re: AT91 interrupt driven functionality

harri.siirtola@vtt.fi wrote:

> 1. I can't find any references to the tx & rx buffer pointers & char
> counters (US_RPR, US_TPR, US_RCR, US_TCR), not even in the register address
> definitions in plf_io.h. Shouldn't there be some in order to use buffered
> I/O (or non-blocking transfers)?

All we need to know is that data is ready, and we can just read the RHR to
get it, surely? I'm not particularly familiar with the AT91 driver, but the
driver code seems to make sense.

> 2. start_xmit and stop_xmit exist, why not similar functions for rcv?
>
> The reason I'm asking this: I'm losing rx chars coming from port 0 as
> there's no hardware handshaking available on AT91R40807 (and xon/xoff is
> somewhat undesirable in my application). If the system really uses buffers
> of 128 bytes, this shouldn't be happening. So, what am I missing here?

Are you using recent anonymous CVS? If so, this may be something we've been
looking at ourselves here with a recent change to make network debugging
more reliable. Do you have CYGPKG_NET included in your configuration? If
so, try removing it, rebuilding eCos (from scratch), and seeing if that
improves things. Please let us know what happens.