Re: non-standard serial baud rates

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Since I'm doing those SSI drivers for the EDB7XXX, I'm wondering.  Is
> specifing a non-standard baud rate going to make the API croke?  What I
> really want to know, are the baud rates used by anything other than MY
> (tm) serial driver?
>
> I ask because the eCos reference manual says "The field \"baud\"
> contains a baud rate selection.  This must be one of the values:" and it
> proceeds to display the CYGNUM_SERIAL_BAUD_XXXXXX macros.

The baud rates are defined in io/serial/current/include/serialio.h. That's
the extent of the public API. You couldn't use a publically defined baud
rate. But there's nothing to stop you adding more (although I would start
it at an integer well after that corresponding to
CYGNUM_SERIAL_BAUD_230400), e.g. 100.

But what figures are we talking about? Perhaps it would be better for us
just to add them in the main sources?