PCI bus on XScale 80310 board

I have a few question about using the PCI library with the XScale 80310 board.

I know that redboot initializes the PCI bus on startup.  This is done to
enable the ethernet for debug with redboot.  Unfortunately, redboot also
initializes the pci bridge (Dev Id: 00031000, Vendor 1011, Device 0026, from
DEC) that connects to the motherboard.

I need to have my application code (not redboot) initialize this bus so I can
access memory from the motherboard.

How do I either prevent redboot from initializing this bus, or alternatively,
how can I reintialize this bus without killing the ethernet port?  I cannot
even see the pci bridge either, since redboot initializes it - I can however
see all the devices connected to my motherboard, including the creative labs
sound blaster and the integrated ethernet card.

Incidentally, I've also noticed something else odd.  If I call cyg_pci_init()
(from application code), it returns 66 devices - most of them are bogus of
course since their devid and vendor id don't exist although two are real, the
on board 82559 ethernet chip and the DEC pci bridge.  Is this happening
because redboot already initialized the pci bus?

Thanks,
-Rich