Re: Using the TCP/IP stack from the anonymous CVS server

On Tuesday 18 September 2001 02:34 pm, you wrote:
> Richard Wicks wrote:
> > I see,
> >
> > By doing the following:
> > cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos -z 9 co -P net
> >
> > the package is automatically added.  There's just so much to read it's
> > easy to miss little things.
> >
> > Well, it compiles now but when I attempt to run my code, it dies.  I'm
> > not even compiling TCP/IP code either - it just crashes with GDB when I
> > try to step past the first automatically set breakpoint.
>
> So it runs fine when you don't set a breakpoint? What program is this?
> What's it meant to do?
>
> Jifl

Actually, any code.  The twothreads.c example will cause it to happen.

What happens is that once I hit a breakpoint I cannot seem to continue.  If I
disable all the breakpoints (including the ones on 'main' and 'exit' that are
normally set when you select your target) the code runs to completion.  If I
hit the stop button, the target is reported to not be responding.

I have discovered that I CAN set breakpoints before cyg_pci_init() but I
haven't found exactly where it breaks.  It may be thet cyg_pci_init() is
killing it or the setup of my ethernet driver, or something farther down the
line.  I'm still tracing it to find out exactly which function causes it to
die.  I am pretty sure it's a function cyg_pci_init() calls, but I'm still in
the middle of working on it.

Also, I am working with Insight under Linux.

Thanks,
-Rich

P.S. I am using the following ecosconfig lines to setup my kernel:

 ecosconfig new iq80310
 ecosconfig add net
 ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
 ecosconfig tree