Re: ATMEL flash

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I noticed that the edb7xxx HAL for eCos supports ATMEL flash.  Does this
> mean the boot code for the download utility also supports this flash?

Probably.

> The eCos code for ATMEL flash looks like it might work with AMD flash
> (Am29DL640D).  Does anyone know off hand if this is correct?

We have separate flash drivers for amd and atmel flash. I notice that the
atmel driver claims that erasing is not needed, and there's some
significant differences in flash_program_buf.

> Why would the boot code be input with numbers rather than assembly?  I
> would like to convert this "C" boot buffer back to assembly, anyone know
> of a good way other than creating my own program to parse it and convert
> it to binary and then reverse engineer it from there?

Unless I'm misremembering, it was supplied by Cirrus Logic as-is. I don't
believe we've ever seen the source code for it.