RE: redboot on edb7211

Mines working fine!

I added the following packages, and then imported the .ecm file as you
did.  I'm using the Windows GUI config tool 2.04.

CYGPKG_ERROR
CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
CYGPKG_IO_PCMCIA - this is mine so you won't have it (YET hopefully) -
not working though.
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
CYGPKG_IO
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL

I did not have to enabled the hardware serial drivers because they are
enabled by default.  However, I noticed an irregularity.
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES was not checked off.  Shouldn't it be checked
off Jonathan?  It wasn't required for it to work anyhow.

The output below proves I'm, at the very least, not completely
delusional! ;)

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROM]
Non-certified release, version UNKNOWN - built 15:20:08, Sep 19 2001

Anyhow, try adding all those packages before importing the ECM file.