Redboot on x86, what can and can not presently be loaded

I know that right now, RedBoot certainly can not load to a Linux Kernel
ELF image, so my group here at the university of maryland will definitly
be implementing that and contributing the code back.
But could someone tell me what RedBoot on x86 presently CAN load? Any
binary format of a Linux kernel? RedBoot images? Ecos images?.. bin images
in general? Elf images in general? Coff images?
How about RedBoot on other platforms?

Thank you, a response could save me some digging, trial and error, and
help me figure out where I need to start to get an ELF loader implemented.

Sincerely,
Adam Agnew