About compression and Decompression ???

Hi,
I have two  questions about compressoin and decompression in RedBoot

my question1:
How will i compress a image in RedBoot. Is there any command available ?

If at all the image is a compressed format, then using either 'load' or
'fis load' command we can decompress and put in to RAM.

But, I need to put compressed image in to flash. How can i do that?
using 'fis write' there is no option for to compress the image and put
in to flash.

my question2:
Generally, how much heap memory is required for a size of 1MB image to
be compressed using 'deflation ' Algorithm.

Thanks in advance.

Sreenivas