RedBoot serial speed

Hi,

I use RedBoot for AT91-EB40 and I think it's great.  But I would like to
know how to increase the serial connection speed.  Currently, the
RedBoot docs say the default speed is 38400 but it doesn't say how to
change that value.  Is it possible to increase it?  Is it limited by
hardware?  Do I need to recompile RedBoot?

Or is there a way I can reduce the amount of data uploaded?  Srec is not
very efficient compared to binary.  But the output of the compiler gives
something like 1Mb.  A conversion to srec gives about 200k.  How can I
convert it to raw binary to give something around 50k? (because srec
uses 4 times more data than necessary due to its ascii hex encoding).

Thanks
Mathieu Routhier