Re: RedBoot serial speed

Mathieu Routhier wrote:

> >You can investigate uploading compressed (using gzip) srecs instead,
> and
> >using load -d in redboot.
>
> That would be great!  But my version of RedBoot (for AT91-EB40) does
> Not support -d.  If I type 'help load', this is what I get:
[snip]

Yes I now notice that's the default for the at91. It is a memory
constrained target (512K isn't a lot). You can fix this by rebuilding and
adding the zlib package into your configuration after you do the
"ecosconfig import". After that the redboot should support compression.
Although also be warned: for eCos apps you may have to up the "reserved"
memory. You can do this by changing the base of the rom_vectors section in
the memory layout tool from 0x2020000 to something a little bigger, bearing
in mind you've only got up to 0x2080000 to play with.