Re: Problem in porting GoAhead Web server on ep7212

Balaji.T.S wrote:

>We are trying to port GoAhead web server on EP7212. We got the GoAHead web
>server from the internet for the eCos. we build it and compiled it for
>EP7212. We ported that and it is not working. After debugging we came to
>know that the required 60 kb of memory could not be allocated by kernel.
>Then we came to know from eCos mail listing that by modifying the Parameters
>in the ecos.ecc file (user value of the CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE to
>1638400), it is possible to allocate the required memory. But it still we
>can't able to port the webserver. the malloc fails to give 60 kb of memory.

If you are working with an up-to-date version, there might be no fixed
dynamic memory pool. Usually the heap is used for that. If not, try setting

CYGNUM_MEMALLOC_FALLBACK_MALLOC_POOL_SIZE

to a larger value and make sure you have enough physical memory.

However, I can start the GoAhead webserver (Target: Custom Hitachi 7709A),
but is doesn't work reliably. Using simple variable block allocation
instead of Doug Lea's implementation improves the situation, but the
webserver still hangs occasionally. Sometimes it recovers if I wait a few
seconds before the next HTTP access, sometimes it crashes. I suspect that
GoAhead's internal memory management also has problems, but I have not
exactly found out.

I wonder if anybody on this list is successfully using the GoAhead
Webserver with current eCos version?

Bye,
Peter