Re: TFTP bug

On Fri, 2001-09-28 at 02:37, Pushparaj wrote:
> Hi,
> I had downloaded redboot sources some 2 months back
> Now I am implementing the tftp file download.
> The problem I am facing is this:
> I try to download a file ( a S19 file or a s record file ) from a tftp
> server. After say 10 packets received and sent the redboot sends a packet
> ( ie. ACK) with destination port zero. And this prompts the tftp server to
> send a icmp destination unreachable message.
>
> Has this bug been fixed ?
> Do I need to download the latest from the cvs server ?

This has never been observed before.  The TFTP code in RedBoot works
quite well as far as I know.

Perhaps it has something to do with the file you are downloading?
The port used is kept in a structure in static memory.  If somehow
you convinced RedBoot to write over that memory, it would get very
confused.

> I ask this because in the udp.c file I can see FIXME messages for some of
> the functions.

I'm not sure where you see this.  The only FIXME is in the tftp_client
code and it's just a comment that a number is being used where a
symbolic constant should be.

You've not said what your target platform is.  Maybe that has some
bearing on the problem.