Re: how to choose the package and the multi-thread

hi,

Thanks for your reply, for my first question, I got
the following after using arm-elf-size

$ arm-elf-size hello.exe
  26660    2320   15404   44384    ad60 hello.exe

is it bytes or bits?

I am still not quite clear about the answer for the my
second question:

you said"you can build eCos applications to run
directly
 from ROM. That's all  RedBoot is - an eCos
applicatino built to run from ROM." ---- But How can I
build ecos
application to run directly fro ROM? the following is
what I did:

1. build templates: choose EB40 and default package
2. Once I  have the EB40 template selected, click on
the "eCos HAL"package to open it up. Next, click on
the "Atmel evaluation board (EB40)" package
to open it. Choose startup type from the RAM to ROM.
3. Build the library.

I was wondering whether what I did is correct.

Then I download an application code into the board
(with linking to the new liarary),but I got the
following
error message from the gdb consile window:

start address 0x1010040 , load size 28980
transfer rate : 23181 bits/sec, 491 bytes/write
RDI_execute: undefined instruction

program received signal SIGILL, ILLegal instruction.
0x101005c in_initMemory ( )

SO what is the problem? also address starts with
0x01000000 in eb40  are flash memory. maybe
this is the problem?

Thanks in advance.