Re: how to choose the package and the multi-thread

kiki w wrote:

> hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply, for my first question, I got
> the following after using arm-elf-size
>
> $ arm-elf-size hello.exe
>    text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
>   26660    2320   15404   44384    ad60 hello.exe
>
> is it bytes or bits?

Bytes. And of course you can still reduce it substantially using
configuration.

> 1. build templates: choose EB40 and default package
> 2. Once I  have the EB40 template selected, click on
> the "eCos HAL"package to open it up. Next, click on
> the "Atmel evaluation board (EB40)" package
> to open it. Choose startup type from the RAM to ROM.
> 3. Build the library.
>
> I was wondering whether what I did is correct.

Yes.

> Then I download an application code into the board
> (with linking to the new liarary),but I got the
> following
> error message from the gdb consile window:

You can't download something into ROM! You have to use a ROM or Flash
programmer of some sort. Or if you are using Angel, you have to program it
into ROM using its routines. This would be done the same way you programmed
RedBoot into ROM as per
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/at91.html

So do it by downloading and running a RedBoot RAM image first, then loading
and programming your application ROM image.