Re: configuration problem with SA1110

Warren Jasper wrote:

> I have a custom SA110 board.  I am trying  to see how small a footprint
> I can configure, so I
> did a
>
> ecoscofig new travis kernel
>
> and removed a buch of packages:
>
> Target: travis
> Template: kernel
> Removed:
>  CYGPKG_IO
>  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
>  CYGPKG_MEMALLOC
[snip]
> I have the Kernal API package installed (I think).  What's the deal?

No memalloc package means no kernel C API. You can remove the overhead from
memalloc by disablign "malloc() and supporting allocators" within it.

NB There are tons of options to configure within the hal and kernel
packages to reduce the footprint even smaller. You can find out what's
taking up space using a linker map (linking with -Wl,-Map,mymapfilename ).