RE: loading images with redboot

I wrote some assembly in warm_reset to initialize the serial port and
write out some data to it. This seems to have executed ok, so it's
and see where things start to fail. I'm wondering about the virtual
vector part of it, i just noticed my ram kernel doesn't claim the comms
virtual vector, but when redboot switches to gdb mode it adjusts this
vector. Could this be the cause? I have all the expertise of a rock when
it comes to virtual vectors.

In this situation, where i use redboot to load then execute the image,
does the image become standalone as soon as it starts executing?