Re: Kernel instrumentation question

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 08:56:58AM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> I wrote and contributed a C program to do the same. Its in the
> kernel/current/host directory. Attached is a newer version is
> adds the 'real' time stuff. It needs modified CDL code....

[...]

> This program assumes you can get the raw instrumentation buffer
> off the target.

ay, there's the rub;

Unfortunately, GDB has always lacked any way to save data to a
file -- either as raw binary or the results of a "print".
Somebody is working on the latter, and I've put the former on
my list of things to do someday.  Meanwhile, you've got to
cut/paste between xterms. It works but it's pretty tedious and
takes quite a while to save 8K of data that way.

> I use the TFTP server code which works well.

As long as your program is still running.  Otherwise, you're
asking a corpse where it hurts.  ;)

In my case, the program has crashed and I'm trying to do a PM.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com