eCos Lockup on CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET

What does this macro do exactly?  It's little confusing with so many
nested MACROS.

The code below is from "eth_drv.c".  The program locks up on the
CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET line.  There's no way to step into a macro
that I know of so I'm pooched unless I remove the code.

#ifdef CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_DIAG
// Set up interfaces so debug environment can share this device
    {
        void *dbg = CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA();
        if (!dbg) {
            CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET((void *)sc);
        }
    }
#endif

Is it safe to remove the code above or not?  Any ideas as to why it
might lockup at that location?  The WaveLAN driver is initialized except
for the call to wvlan_start () which I assume is called by eCos when
it's ready to bring up the TCP/IP stack?!

Trenton D. Adams
Extreme Engineering
#17, 6025 - 12 St. SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada