RE: eCos Lockup on CYGACC_CALL_IF_DBG_DATA_SET

> This code allows your eCos application and RedBoot to share device
> drivers.  Things could go terribly awry if your new device driver
> does something odd.  In particular, if you loaded your application
> using the network (via a GDB TCP connection, or started it by
> connecting
> to RedBoot via TELNET), then there could be complications.  In
> particular, driver calls to "diag_printf()" can cause problems.
>
> When you say "lockup", exactly what do you mean?
> What kind of application/configuration are you running?
> How did you load this application?

I disabled the CS8900 ethernet driver in my eCos code.  I then connect
to Redboot on the board using GDB and attempt to run it.  This shouldn't
cause a problem since RedBoot doesn't have anything to do with PCMCIA or
the WaveLAN card, right?

By lockup I mean it freezes and won't continue.  I step over the macro
using "next" and it won't do anything after that.
It's just a basic server test application.  It reads from the incoming
socket, and echos it back to the client.